We install a range of high quality solar batteries from brands such as BYD and Triple Power. Learn more below or get in touch for a free consultation and quote.
Why use Solar Battery Storage?
In addition to being able to store your solar energy to use later, there are several other reasons to consider a solar battery system:
- With NZ feed-in grid tariffs dropping significantly and grid prices continuing to rise, there’s an incentive to use more of the power you generate. Why feed energy to and from the grid at an unfavourable rate when you can store it to use later?
- The price and efficiency of solar battery systems is better than ever. Traditional deep cycle lead-acid batteries are being replaced with more efficient and longer lasting lithium-ion (Li-ion) batteries.
- You can use battery storage to avoid power black-outs. Unlike a grid-tied solar system which automatically switches off, a battery storage system allows you to keep generating and consuming energy when the grid goes down.
See below for our range of hybrid solar batteries and off-grid batteries.
Why use a Lithium-ion Battery?
CPS Solar recommends Li-ion batteries. They have a number of advantages over lead-acid batteries. They are:
- Smaller and lighter, meaning they require less space in your home
- Able to be recharged faster
- Able to be deeply discharged, up to 90% of total capacity, without compromising the life of the battery
- Less likely to degrade during charging and discharging, so have a longer life
- Pre-wired, reducing installation costs
- Able to be safely stored inside without the need for venting systems as they do not expel volatile gases.
A hybrid solar system is basically the addition of a battery to a grid-tied solar system. You can store your energy for later and also benefit from being connected to the grid when needed.
Our high energy, long-life solar batteries can be custom designed to meet the needs of the most demanding off-grid situations.
Choosing the Correct Battery Size
It’s very important to configure your system correctly, including choosing a compatible solar inverter. The team at CPS Solar are experts in assessing your requirements and budget constraints, and we undertake a free comprehensive on-site consultation before we recommend the optimal solar solution.
As a general guide, these are approximations for solar system and battery storage sizing:
- Low Energy Household
1-3 people using 10-15kWh/day
Recommended solar system: 3kW plus 4-6kWh battery storage
- Average Energy Household
3-5 people using 15-25kWh/day
Recommended solar system: 5kW plus 8-12kWh battery storage
- High Energy Household
4+ people using 25+kWh/day
Recommended solar system: 5-8kW plus 14-20kWh battery storage
We are happy to provide you with an free assessment and quote.