6 reasons why you should consider a Hybrid Inverter Solar System
Solar panels generate the most energy during the day when the sun is shining and when you and your family tend to use the least energy or have the lowest consumption levels. With ongoing increases in energy prices and the continual decrease of the feed-in-tariff, it makes sense to make the most of your solar energy system. But how do you achieve this?
Using a hybrid self-use solar energy storage system it’s possible to utilise solar power time-independently by storing unused capacity. It converts and directs solar power to where it is needed, when it is needed.
Hybrid vs grid-tied
Compared to traditional grid-tied solar PV system, a hybrid solar system increases your energy efficiency and frees you from reliance on the grid. Here’s why you should consider incorporating hybrid into your new or existing solar investment:
- Save money on your power bills by increasing the proportion of self-use electricity (also known as self consumption) generated by your solar system from 30% to more than 70%. Flexible settings for charge and discharge times allow you to tailor energy usage to your requirements and also charge your battery from the grid at off -peak periods.
- Save money by becoming independent from ever increasing energy prices.
- Protect your family and business from power outages.
- Reduce stress on the grid by reducing your solar power feed.
- It’s easy to upgrade your existing solar PV system to hybrid by installing an inverter such as the SolaX Hybrid.
- Modern systems such as the SolaX X1 Series, include features such as internal WiFi and remote monitoring. This enables easy data reading and 24 hour monitoring from mobile devices, with vivid charts and graphs daily/weekly/monthly reports.
Find out more
Learn more about how a solar hybrid inverter works: