The simple solar solution.
A smart choice.
What is grid-tied solar?
As the name suggests, grid-tied solar means your solar PV system is connected to the grid. When your solar panels are not producing energy and you need back up power, you can draw energy from the grid. When you have excess energy, you can sell it back to your energy provider.
Benefits and limitations of grid-tied solar
With a grid-tied solar system, you enjoy these benefits:
- You can send your excess power back to the grid for a credit on your utility bill
- No battery is needed with a grid-tied system, so they are cheaper and easier to set up than off-grid or hybrid systems
- The system will pay for itself within as little as 7 years
But keep in mind that:
- Utility buy-back rates vary and you have no control over the buy-back rates
- With out battery storage, you can only consume energy as it is generated
- Your solar energy system will not work during power outages
You may like to compare this system to a Hybrid Solar System with battery storage.
Grid-tied solar products
The cost of your solar energy system varies according to the number or size of the array (number of panels) and other system requirements. We are happy to provide you with an free assessment and quote.